Terms and Conditions
Reservations whether made by telephone, on-line, in writing or via email are accepted by us
Contract of Hire
- The Contract of Hire is not effective until you receive confirmation of the booking. We do not accept bookings from Hirers under the age of 18.
- Bookings will be confirmed when we receive the required 30% deposit. However if booking is made within 8 weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental will be required.
- Balance of the Hire will be due for payment 8 weeks before the holiday commencement date.
- We have the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received.
- The deposit made on the booking is non-refundable.
- We charge a refundable security deposit for each rental period.
- Under normal circumstances this deposit is returned in full between 7 and 14 days after the end of each rental period.
- The deposit is held by us and any deductions taken from it are in accordance with “Damages”
- All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the Hirer and should be notified us before the end of your holiday.
- These costs are deducted from the security deposit; should the costs exceed the total value of the security deposit any balance is payable on demand. However, minor damage or breakages will not normally be charged.
Confirmation of Booking
- Once we have issued a Confirmation of Booking, the Hirer is responsible for the total published price of the property and any extras as shown on the confirmation.
- Any amendments to an existing booking are not effective until acceptance in writing is dispatched to the Hirer by us and any additional funds paid.
- Your deposit is non refundable.
- You will remain liable for full payment if you cancel within eight weeks of your holiday commencement date.
- We strongly advise that you arrange holiday insurance for your stay that includes cover for cancellation and your personal property.
- No responsibility can be accepted for injury, loss or damage to guests or their belongings whilst making use of the accommodation and amenities.
- In no circumstances may more than the agreed maximum number of persons occupy the property specified on booking form.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
- In addition we reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that in our opinion and sole discretion be unsuitable for the property concerned.
- The Hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it.
- Cleaning: The property must be left clean and tidy, all equipment and utensils etc must be clean and put away at the end of the hire period. Should the property be found to require significant extra cleaning as a result of the condition in which it is left then these additional costs will be deducted from the security deposit. We ask that on the day of departure all the beds which have been slept in are stripped and the sheets left in the rooms. If a BBQ has been used, please ensure that it has been thoroughly cleaned after use for the enjoyment of future guests. This will avoid extra cleaning costs on your departure.
- Bins & Recycling: Please note the bin needs to be put out on Monday. If the bins do not get put out it means the next guests will be confronted with an over flowing bin which is not pleasant. Similarly, if your party generates more refuse than the bins can accommodate, please take the excess to the nearest recycling centre. Please take your bottles away with you to be recycled.
- Smoking is not permitted in our cottage.
- Special attention should be paid when pets are welcomed into a property. There is an additional charge per pet to cover additional cleaning costs but please note that pets are not permitted on furniture, upstairs or on beds.
- Every effort must be made to minimise additional mess created by having your pet on holiday with you and any extra costs incurred as a result of pets will be charged to your security deposit.
- Under no circumstances must a pet be left unattended in the property, we accept no responsibility for pets left unattended and any damage to the property by pets will be charged to the guest.
Use of the Accommodation & Amenities
- We reserve the right to repossess the holiday home at any time, where the Hirer or any member of the Hirers party has caused excessive damage or is found to be conducting themselves in an illegal, offensive or immoral fashion.
- We shall not be liable to make a refund of any remaining portion of the hire terms paid.
- The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the property and its facilities advertised will be available for the dates stated.
- In the unlikely event that the property is not available through events arising outside of our control, then we may be forced to cancel the booking, the Hirer will be entitled to a full refund.
- The Hirer will not as a result have any further claims against us.
Arrivals and Departures
- Changeover Days: Full week breaks arrival and departure day is on Friday, arriving 4pm onwards departing the following week on the same day at 10am prompt.
- Weekend breaks are 3 nights – arrive Friday 4pm onwards departing Monday 10am prompt.
- Midweek breaks are 4 nights – arrive Monday 4pm onwards departing Friday 10am prompt.
- Please do not arrive early, unless previously arranged, as time is needed to thoroughly clean the property between lets. We also ask that you leave the property by 10am on departure day for the same reason.
- You will be contacted a week prior to the start of your holiday with key instructions and directions to the cottage.
- If there are any problems that arise during your stay, you should contact us immediately and we will endeavour to put the matter right as soon as possible.
- No correspondence can be entered into in the case of complaints made after you have returned home when it will be appreciated that it is quite impossible for them to be effectively investigated.
- We will do all we can to rectify the matter for you during your stay. If we are unable to do this and in our opinion the your complaint is justified, we will arrange a re-reimbursement of the cost of your holiday or part thereof.
- Our liability is limited to the price you paid, except in the case of legal liability for personal damage or injury, for which purpose public liability insurance is carried by us.